Friday, February 02, 2007
Finnaly met up with the head over my accident.Yeah you heard it right,I met an accient.
My first day being driver was not bad though except for the 50 over stalled engines when trying to reverse at the carpark.On the road I was fine even beating red lights because I could not stop in time.Great night it was.
It was the next day,26th January 2007.Last minute changes to roster meant I have to drive again.My partner was a volunteer so and didnt hold the required licence.Started out fine and went out to buy breakfast.It was the final ditch of the return journey that was catastrophic.
I was driving slowly to anticipate the turn to my station.I signalled left just before the carpark which was just less than 10 metres from the turn to my station.A car stopped at the stop line in the carpark but when I was getting nearer the carpark suddenly the car crept to turn into the main road.Now the car was just infront of my car.It was too close.I tried to break but was not effective.Then came the screeching and banging sound.I was shell shocked and frost for a couple of seconds hand glued to the steering wheel.
For the rest of the day,from time to time the accident kept playing in my head like a video.Put up a report and had to wait for the verdict from the head.He was not free on that day so we wait for monday since it was a friday.My sleep was filled with nightmares over the accient.
He was not free on monday so we await for tuesday.He was on course so his stand in a female was who I met.Luckily she is not one fierce lady so gave me a good talk about it,counselling me and signed my report.
Im not sure if there is a follow up,Ihope not.Just dont revoke my licence and take my promotion away.It still gives me the jitters to drive so I think i wont be driving for some time now...
Wassalam
----------------------
9:52 AM;