Monday, June 20, 2005
I cant really study that day...was looking forward to cycling at east coast thought it was going to be only 3 of us,Wei Jie,Limpy and Me...
It started out quite well with our initial warm-up along East Coast Park when out of the blue Wei Jie fell.I thought it was one of those falls u know but when i saw it personally,God grief,the cut was so deep that he needed stiches immediately.
So we went looking for a clinic or hospital when our plan was to cycle to Jalan Kayu to feast on the famous pratas.
Thank god Wei Jie can read map.Limpy and me stared at the map but there was no stimulation on the brain.If not for him both of us will be circling Singapore the whole night with no aim.
Well the trip to the hospital wasnt a wasted ride.I saw this cute butch who was suffering cramps.Hahaha.A guy is still a guy regardless the situation.I cant figure out why but i have a soft side for butches...hahah
Then off we went making our way to Jalan Kayu passing the Geylang area but what a dissapointment.I saw nothing that i want to see.Im not leecherous but just want to experience the atmosphere.It was a bumpy ride and at times my imagination ran wild.I really have to get over this feeling before i go for my BMT at Tekong.I really love the slopes along Yio Chu Kang road,a great alternatives to the roller coaster..a cheap one too.
After more than 3 hours of non-stop pedalling we reach Jalan Kayu in the wee morning.Okie so i got the plain prata and the egg prata.No wonder it is called the original prata.The taste wasnt that exquisite,it tasted very traditional like one you can taste ten years ago...very simple and very original taste.The curry was great though.Still thompson's Prata House remains tops in my chart of best pratas.Tell me if you have better pratas outlets..
then our way back...it was a much better ride with the roads cleared and with the cooling weather accopanying us.I felt the road was ours and cycling in the middle of the road was not only inviting but was made reality.
Sunrise huh?I wasnt looking forward to it and instead i slept on the table.Well limpy woke up just in time to catch the sunrise but it wasnt as what we pictured.Luckily i miss it becuase it was just wasnt worth it.
Kayaking was fun but when we got to far out the sea,i got the gitters because i cna t swim well and i dont trust the life jacket.Who wouldnt,the life jacket cant be zipped!!
Eating was a pain because i just want to eat everything but i just cant because it would defeit the purpose of my trying to cut down on my fats.So there limpy house showing her femine qualities more motherly i would say..kept reminding me of the calories i took in at both the prata house and at Mac...thanks limpy..after the trip i really feel a bit less fat.thats a start and a great one.
Now im really looking forward to another night cycling with the hoons..but for now i have to start mugging because tests are just a week a way but im 0% prepared.Arvuah
Wassalam
----------------------
8:59 AM;